Please read carefully:
VERY IMPORTANT PLANNING NOTES FOR ALL RIDERS
Please…. read carefully the following notes to better prepare you for the upcoming SATURDAY competition.
PHASE SEQUENCE: DRESSAGE/JUMPING/CROSS COUNTRY
FRIDAY PARKING FOR SCHOOLING AND COURSE WALKING: WILL BE IN OUR CORNER PARKING FIELD; SIGNS DIRECTING YOU FOR MAPS/COURSE WALK
DO NOT USE THE MAIN WAREDACA 4015 ENTRANCE OR WE WILL BE GRUMPY WITH YOU—LIMITED PARKING
The courses will be open from 2 PM to dark please. Maps (only) available —these will be located at the start box picnic table. If you are schooling, check in with Janet in the office to pay and receive your jumping pinney. ONLY competitors in the Saturday Starter are permitted to school on Friday.
AS A REMINDER…..
NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED on the XC COURSES.
FARRIER and VET—ON CALL ONLY
SATURDAY PARKING same corner field location; there will be parking volunteers to assist you
Show Office open and packets available Saturday and Sunday at 6:30 AM.
Don’t forget that the compressed event schedule allows for relaxed ‘proper’ dress, if you so choose. XC attire permitted and encouraged when close times between phases are scheduled.
Weekend show office phone number 301 570 2150.
JUMPING COURSE WALK AND EVENT TIMETABLE:
The track for levels is basically the same so plan to walk the track as soon as convenient for you and become familiar with it; just the heights and combinations will change as we progress down the levels. Here is the schedule for walking:
- Training: Friday and before 10:00 AM
- Novice: 10:30-10:55AM
- Beginner Novice: 12:00-1:00PM
- Elementary: 2:15-2:35PM
THIS TIMETABLE IS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR PLANNING.
GENERAL COMPETITOR NOTES:
Dressage warm up on grass; performance arenas all weather footing Please note that there is approximately a ten minute walk from central competition area to XC start and warm up, following the SIGNS thru the fields that leads past the xc start.
- FOR YOUR SAFETY, avoid the paved road and stay on the grass path.
- The time table is correct; Elementary goes at the end of the day.
- Notes about the classes: all of the divisions are confirmed based on what you entered; the event is run under the USEF rules regarding eliminations…ONLY technical eliminations will be allowed consideration for continuing onto the next phase, with the permission of the TD-SAM
- REMEMBER that any fall related to a jump in both the jumping and cross country phases is an elimination—you must leave the course at
- Please bring your own water; there is NO place to hose your horse off
- Parking field and show office open at 6:30
- Braiding optional but certainly not necessary
- ALL RIDERS will do dressage, show jumping and cross country in that order; no exceptions
- Most divisions have cross country scheduled about 20 minutes after the show jumping; you are encouraged to wear your cross country attire to ride your show jumping test, then proceeding directly to the cross country area
- All awards will be unmounted at the conclusion of the divisions in the indoor arena.
Show Jumping phase:
- All riders have a published show jump time.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THE PROGRAM TIMETABLE AS TO WHEN THE COURSE WALKS FOR EACH LEVEL ARE SCHEDULED.
- On Friday, the course will be set for the Training level but the track is BASICALLY THE SAME for the other levels.
- WALK AS EARLY AND AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN!!