WHILE IMPLEMENTING CURRENT CDC GUIDELINES AND NOT BEING CERTAIN OF WHO HAS BEEN FULLY VACCINATED, THE CURRENT WAREDACA FARM POLICY REGARDING WEARING MASKS IS AS FOLLOWS:
IF YOU ARE NOT FULLY VACCINATED, WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES YOU ARE ON THE PROPERTY
IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED:
WEARING MASKS WHILE OUTSIDE MAY BE OPTIONAL UNLESS YOU ARE:
INSIDE ANY OF THE BARNS
INTERACTING WITH A STAFF MEMBER IE AT TAPROOM CHECK IN, LESSON CHECK IN , IN THE TACKROOM AND SO ON
SITTING ON THE BLEACHERS WATCHING OTHERS RIDE
‘GATHERING’ WITH ANYONE WHO IS NOT A FAMILY MEMBER
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated? People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.
It’s important to keep in mind that if you’ve been partially or fully vaccinated, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re off the hook when it comes to quarantining after being exposed to the virus.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
What You Should Keep Doing
For now, if you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, like wearing a mask when indoors, staying at least 6 feet apart from others who are not family members or have not been vaccinated, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take these precautions whenever you are:
- In public
- Gathering with unvaccinated people from more than one other household
- Visiting with an unvaccinated person who is at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 or who lives with a person at increased risk
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
- You will still need to follow guidance at the farm for interacting with people who have yet to be vaccinated.
IF YOU have not been vaccinated.., it’s best for you quarantine for at least 10 days without testing or seven days if you’ve tested negative for COVID. If you want to take extra precautions, you can quarantine for 14 days.
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
What you choose to do when you leave the farm is your business but indirectly becomes ours as well. There is clearly a ‘trust’ factor associated with our guidelines as well as our hope that everyone remain responsible and accountable for what happens when here. Thank you for looking out for our Waredaca family of boarders, pony clubbers, lesson students and staff.
Gretchen, Robert, Steph, Rob, Gayle, Travis, Colleen and Melanie