About Cross Country Schooling at Waredaca
Open Schooling on the Cross Country, using our website sign up…
Closed on Friday 11/9 and 11/10 as we prepare for our rescheduled Starter Event 11/11; will remain open thru November afterwards
ALL SCHOOLING TO BE SCHEDULED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Use our schooling form for easy E-scheduling AND download/print/complete and BRING WITH YOU the release waiver...one completed form good for all of 2017
Details, Parking, & Arrival Info and Safety Guidelines:
- Cost is $50.00 per horse except for any 'official' schooling days (usually the Tuesday after the weekend event) when all courses are open and the week immediately following the event when all portables remain in position. The fee for this period is $60.00 horse.
- IF the footing is questionable from recent rain, please call the office 301-570-4191 first before coming-thanks!
FALL Hours and PARKING DIRECTIONS:
- Hours: Arriving and leaving BEFORE 4 PM
- Parking: WEST ENTRANCE GRAVEL AREA
- WEST ENTRANCE DIRECTIONS: Coming from Sunshine, heading west on Route 650, go past the corner parking field and Waredaca Main Entrance and turn into our West Entrance just before the sharp bend in the road. Continue thru the automatic gate and park in the gravel area when the road widens.
- Mail box, on front of tan shed-sign above, for $ and any completed waivers not on file.
- Weekend hours: 8 AM thru 6 PM
- Parking: EAST ENTRANCE OFF OF HOWARD CHAPEL ROAD DIRECTIONS: Coming from Sunshine, heading west on Route 650, proceed one mile to the intersection of Damascus Rd (Rt 650) and Howard Chapel Road; turn right onto Howard Chapel and take the second entrance on the left; after pulling thru the driveway gate, park in the grassy area on the left.
- GPS-- 22710 HOWARD CHAPEL ROAD, BROOKEVILLE MD 20833
- Leave money and completed waivers in mailbox attached to wall by corner indoor arena office door.
For other days/times, please call the office to schedule: 301 570 4191
**Bring your own water as there is not a hose available**
- After submitting your E request form, expect an E reply to acknowledge; once confirmed, call us before you leave ONLY if the weather/footing is questionable after recent rain.
- Riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet and body protector. A medical armband is recommended. Riders may NOT school alone AND must either have grounds person or additional rider present.
- NO EMS or farrier on site other than when specified.
- NO non-schooling horses allowed tacked up and on courses without prior consent from a Waredaca staff member.
- Please be courteous to others parked there and do not block access to other trailers.
- Please leave gates either open or closed as you found them.
- Please do not leave manure/bedding in the drive way or in the bushes!
- Thanks for leaving the area neat and clean!!!
Cross Country Release Waiver--only one needed on file for 2017