As the sun sets on another amazing eventing season at Waredaca, we want to thank everyone who made it happen – especially our amazing volunteers! We all had so much fun at the November Waredaca Starter and loved ending the year with costumes and fun. <3
Date: Thursday, November 16th
Time: 5 pm to 7 pm
Location: Waredaca, Damascus Road, Laytonsville, MD, USA
WIN A LESSON WITH EMA KLUGMAN: International 5* Eventing Rider!!!
**Must be registered and present at the event to win.
Join us at E3 – Maintaining Your Performance Horse, a must-attend event for all horse enthusiasts! Whether you’re a seasoned rider or just starting out, this event is designed to help you optimize your horse’s performance and keep them in top shape. Our expert speakers will cover topics such as nutrition, gastric health, therapies, and injury prevention. You’ll also have the chance to network with fellow horse lovers and discover the latest products and services in the equine industry. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to enhance your horse’s performance and meet like-minded individuals. Mark your calendars and get ready for an unforgettable day at Waredaca in Laytonsville, MD, USA!
Doctors Stephanie and Chad Davis are sponsoring the Post Cross Country Beverage and Cheese reception at the 2023 Classic Three Day. Click the image below to read more about their team and the work they do!
11 DC-area craft brewers bring home Brewers Association medals
September 27, 2023, 10:19 AM
Eleven craft brewers in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. came home with medals — including five golds — from the prestigious Great American Beer Festival, held over nine days with awards presented on Sept. 23 in Denver.
This year, 250 judges from 10 countries sipped and sniffed more than 9,400 entries from all 50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico. There were 99 beer categories and more than 170 beer styles that were judged.
A total of 303 medals were awarded to 263 breweries, some of which came home with multiple wins. Medals are awarded as Gold, Silver and Bronze.
The nonprofit Brewers Association has nearly 6,000 U.S. brewery members and 37,000 members of the American Homebrewers Association.
The Great American Beer Festival is sponsored annually by the Brewers Association, which is the nation’s largest craft beer festival.
Here are winners from Maryland, Virginia and D.C., their medal, and beer category:
- Gold: Kodiak Kolsch, Bear Chase Brewing Company, Bluemont, Virginia (German-style Krolsch)
- Gold: Rock Hill Irish Red, Barley Naked Brewing Co., Stafford, Virginia (Irish-style red ale)
- Gold: Scout, Vibrissa Beer, Front Royal, Virginia (Sweet stout or cream stout)
- Gold: Oktoberfest, Port City Brewing Co., Alexandria, Virginia (Vienna-style lager)
- Gold: Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Atom Smasher, Rock Bottom Brewery, Bethesda, Maryland (Wood-and-barrel-aged strong beer)
- Silver: Passionfruit on Acid, Blue Mountain Barrel House, Arrington, Virginia (Fruited wood and barrel-aged sour beer)
- Silver: Milk Stout, Waredaca Brewing Co., Gaithersburg, Maryland (Sweet stout or cream stout)
- Silver: Oktoberfest, Silver Branch Brewing Co, Silver Spring, Maryland (Vienna-style lager)
- Bronze: Buttons the Bear, Bear Chase Brewing Co., Bluemont, Virginia, (Oatmeal stout)
- Bronze: Silent Neighbor, Atlas Brew Works, D.C. (Stout)
- Bronze: Midnight Rider Imperial Porter, Great American Restaurants — Sweetwater Tavern Merrified, Falls Church, Virginia (Strong Porter)
Coming October for Classic and Horse Trials