If you have an enthusiastic 5-7 year old that wants to ride, check out our popular Pony Kids Program here!
Expert dates for Jimmy , Stephen and Sharon; Taproom Thursday dates, Fall Hunter Pace series and more!!2021-draft-act-calendar-211WEB
WAREDACA PONY CLUB RIDING CENTER NEWS….
Below are the current dates of pony club activities held at Waredaca for 2021. Obviously, this is all subject to COVID changes, weather, etc.
March 20 – Kegs & Eggs Hunt (open to boarders and lesson students too)
April 10-11 – spring ratings (rain date April 17-18)
April 24-25 – Regional XC Pace clinic (will open up to boarders and Area II members if space allows)
May 8 – MD Region Event Rally (held during starter HTs)
May 21-23 – USPC National HB rating (all unmounted)
July 9-11 – Regional Champs Camp (stabling needed)
August 22 – Regional Dressage Rally
August 29 – club pony swim
September ??? – USPC National C3/B rating (still working on a date)
September 5 – Hunter Pace #1
October 3 – Hunter Pace #2
October 16-17 – fall ratings (rain date October 30-31)
November 7 – in-house event rally
November 14 – Hunter Pace #3
December ??? – holiday gift hunt/trail ride
Here are the important details:
$2000 for starters but more being added:
Preliminary Classic Jackpot:
First place: 50%
Second place: 30%
Third place: 20%
MINIMUM TO TOP THREE WINNERS OF $1000/600/400
WHILE IMPLEMENTING CURRENT CDC GUIDELINES AND NOT BEING CERTAIN OF WHO HAS BEEN FULLY VACCINATED, THE CURRENT WAREDACA FARM POLICY REGARDING WEARING MASKS IS AS FOLLOWS:
WE are WAREDACA support and will enforce the current CDC recommendations for our staff, clients and visitors
IF YOU ARE NOT FULLY VACCINATED, WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES YOU ARE ON THE PROPERTY
IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED:
WEARING MASKS WHILE OUTSIDE MAY BE OPTIONAL UNLESS YOU ARE:
INSIDE ANY OF THE BARNS
INTERACTING WITH A STAFF MEMBER IE AT TAPROOM CHECK IN, LESSON CHECK IN , IN THE TACKROOM AND SO ON
SITTING ON THE BLEACHERS WATCHING OTHERS RIDE
‘GATHERING’ WITH ANYONE WHO IS NOT A FAMILY MEMBER
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated? People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.
It’s important to keep in mind that if you’ve been partially or fully vaccinated, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re off the hook when it comes to quarantining after being exposed to the virus.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
What You Should Keep Doing
For now, if you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, like wearing a mask when indoors, staying at least 6 feet apart from others who are not family members or have not been vaccinated, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take these precautions whenever you are:
- In public
- Gathering with unvaccinated people from more than one other household
- Visiting with an unvaccinated person who is at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 or who lives with a person at increased risk
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
- You will still need to follow guidance at the farm for interacting with people who have yet to be vaccinated.
IF YOU have not been vaccinated.., it’s best for you quarantine for at least 10 days without testing or seven days if you’ve tested negative for COVID. If you want to take extra precautions, you can quarantine for 14 days.
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
What you choose to do when you leave the farm is your business but indirectly becomes ours as well. There is clearly a ‘trust’ factor associated with our guidelines as well as our hope that everyone remain responsible and accountable for what happens when here. Thank you for looking out for our Waredaca family of boarders, pony clubbers, lesson students and staff.
Gretchen, Robert, Steph, Rob, Gayle, Travis, Colleen and Melanie
REMEMBER REGISTRATION DETAILS….
Deadline for registration is the week of the Schooling Evening: : Dressage tests by NOON on MONDAY BEFORE. Specific times for Dressage will be assigned and emailed Wednesday evening. Anyone entering late will be accommodated only if space allows.
Any Jumping by Wednesday at NOON. Jumping Block times will be based on registrations and emailed later Wednesday evening. ADDITIONAL JUMPING ROUNDS AND/OR XC SCHOOLING CAN BE ADDED THAT NIGHT
- EVERYONE MUST HAVE A CURRENT WAIVER OF LIABILITY ELECTRONICALLY FILED VIA OUR WEBSITE TO BE ON THE PROPERTY
- All registration done in advance
- EMT, VET and Farrier ON CALL
- All horses must have a current negative Coggins to be filed electronically. File HERE
- YOU design your evening — do as much as you want…it is as easy as that!
Check out all of the Waredaca LOGO options, including our popular three season ‘barn’ jacket!! HAPPY SHOPPING!!
Sign up via Strider and check our website for dates to ride with Jimmy, Stephen, Sharon or Becky!
THANKS to all of you who supported our MAY Jackpot! These are the ones taking home the checks! MAKE SOME MONEY while you ride! Look for more Jackpot opportunities at our August 14, 15 Horse Trials!
Check out the new look for this weekend!
But….all of our new norms make a difference and hope is on the way!!