About Volunteering at Waredaca
Volunteers: The Heart of Our Sport
Eventing competitions right up to the Olympics rely on volunteers to keep competitions fun, safe, and exciting. No prior experience is necessary; just a desire to get involved with a sport that celebrates horses and riders of all ages. Give us the chance to match you with the right job!!
Waredaca provides an orientation each morning before the competition begins which will help in completely understanding assignments. Plus there are staff members and officials to answer questions and provide other details necessary to have a fun and enjoyable day.
Contact our volunteer coordinator, Liz, at email@example.com for more information, or just get started with the links below!
Perks of being a Waredaca Volunteer:
If you have never volunteered at a Waredaca event, now is the best time to start! And for those who have been faithful supporters, here are a few more perks to reward you further. THANK YOU! for your continued assistance.
NEW THIS YEAR
Waredaca has partnered together with two other local events…Seneca Valley and the Maryland Horse Trials to offer a Volunteer Incentive Program, recognizing our wonderful volunteers for all of their contributions. We three are doing this Pilot Program for the USEA Area 2 as the hopeful launch of an area wide and potentially national Volunteer Incentive Program! What does mean for you?
An opportunity for recognition and year end point accumulation toward great prizes, raffles and cash awards within the Area 2 Pilot Program VIP!
PLUS…we have established our own ‘Waredaca Leaderboard’ for volunteer hours with a $100 cash card to be awarded to our high point volunteer at the end of each of our ongoing events AND a special end of year cash card for our highest point winner!! Points are accumulated based on hours volunteered at each of our 5 events and doing 'prep' work before each competition--painting, for example.
So TWO opportunities to reap the prizes-the Area 2 VIP leaderboard and the Waredaca leaderboard high point winners!
And at Waredaca..... earn your Waredaca Bucks in 2017 for volunteering at the competitions--June 3, 4; June 11; August 19, 20; October 19-22 and October 29!
- Each volunteer will receive a "Waredaca Bucks" voucher, which can be used for anything Waredaca offers: cross country schooling, lessons, board, training, entries, logo wear and so on.
To earn WAREDACA BUCKS, each volunteer must wear their Waredaca vest while working. The reason for this is actually quite simple—as a Waredaca Volunteer, you represent our farm as well as providing accessibility to any visitor who may need direction, advice or support. Wearing the vest is an easy visual ID for anyone to see, and offers instant ‘user friendliness’ that all of our volunteers so capably provide.
For our younger volunteers, those ages 15 and under, you now have a new title of Volunteer Ambassador…if you are chosen as a VA and work at least half a day, you will earn:
A special ball cap with your title
A pizza/ride just for you and the other junior volunteers with one of our Waredaca staff…a trailride followed by a pizza ‘party’, scheduled soon after the event weekend
Job opportunities are limited. If interested, contact Liz.
- The equivalent is $25/4 hours; maximum to earn $50/day, which would be a full day of volunteering.
- There is no pro-rating of the vouchers.
- Vouchers are limited to the days of competition and are non transferable.
- Visit our other volunteer links from the menu on the left, which outline the various volunteer positions, days, coverage hours needed and so on.
How to get started:
EventingVolunteers.Com will be your centralized resource for all your horse sport and Eventing volunteering needs. Look for volunteering opportunities and sign up for events on a centralized portal. A companion app will be made available to enhance the experience on smart phones and make it simple to check in at events!
Instructions for volunteers that would like to sign up for a future event:
- Go to www.EventingVolunteers.Com
- Click on "I'm a Volunteer"
- Create a new account
- Click on the confirmation link sent by eMail
- Return to www.EventingVolunteers.Com
- Click on "I’m a volunteer"
- Log in with your credentials
- Fill out the "New Volunteer Form"
- Once complete, you will be redirected to the Volunteer Dashboard
- Click on the open event that you would like to sign up for.